I uploaded more pictures onto SmugMug.
Kids Playing Outside
Dining Hall Floor
Click on each of the hyperlinks above to view the pictures. I hope to add quite a few more pictures over the next few days.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Thursday, July 26, 2007
Grandma and Grandpa Thomson (Dad's parents)
Grandma and Grandpa still know how to kiss after 60 years! We even clanged our glasses, like at a wedding reception, to have them kiss. :)
Faith (Me) with my cousin Trevor's daughter, Daphne. She was my little friend!
This past weekend we celebrated my Grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. We also celebrated a Guadet Family Reunion. This would consist of my Grandmother's family and all of her brothers, sisters, their children, all the way down to the Great-grandchildren.
I learned some neat things in conversation with both of my grandparents.
- As a young child and youth my grandpa remembers going to Church for the Fowl (Fall) Fest. They did not attend church often because they would have to go via horse and buggy and it was too much work, although, they always attended the Fowl Fest.
- I also learned that my Grandpa's father died at 46 or 47 years old from heart failure, my Grandpa was 15. They think his Dad was Presbyterian, but nobody knows for sure.
- My great grandmother--who died when she was 102, was a widow for 61 years. She was a widow for as long as my grandparents have been married!
- My grandmother grew up speaking only French in the home.
- My grandmother was a devout Catholic and spoke a prayer in French before mealtime. My family (my Mom's side) also has a grace that we say before every meal. I believe it may have came from the Salvation Army.