Sunday, November 16, 2008

SA Half Marathon

I ran the SA Half Marathon today. I was happy overall, not with my time, but rather with my energy levels. God gave me strength and endurance, throughout the course. It was cool to see different shirts--one of them said, "Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:30-31. Another one had the classic, "I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me." Phillipains 4:13. On a sign posted, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1.

As encouraging as reading the shirts/signs, my favourite part were the little kids that would stand in line, with their hand out to high five you! There were a group of three kids that caught my attention. A little girl (probably about 3 1/2 years old), a little boy (about 5), and an older girl (maybe 6 1/2) all cheering you on! The children will probably never know how encouraging they were, and they themselves looked like they were having so much fun! :)

God provided me with a fantastic morning of strength, endurance, and encouragement! I must say, it was awkward not going to church! We even go on vacation!

No comments: