Monday, December 21, 2009

Dealing with Disappointment

I have been struggling with being stateside. My heart is in Ukraine, and I cannot wait to go back. People keep telling me, you'll get to go back...the question is when? I have been preparing to go to Ukraine for five years; I find being stateside terribly disappointing. Last night, I dreamed that I was a pilot, and I flew people to Ukraine! (That meant I got to go too!)

When a person looks forward to something, prepares, and says, "Yes" to God, what happens when plans abruptly change due to unforeseen circumstances? How do I (Faith) continue to say, "Yes" to God? What is God asking me to do now? Just chill out and wait?

I am thankful to have a wonderful family--extended family included! My Mom mentioned that a cousin of mine has had to deal with some disappointments due to health reasons, and that I should talk to him. My cousin gave me some very good advise. Number one, read the whole book of Micah, maybe twice, and pay particular attention to Micah 7:7-8. I love the fact that my cousin pointed me to scripture!

Going back to appropriating scripture...

Micah 7:7
But as for me (Faith), I (Faith) will watch expectantly for the Lord; I (Faith) will wait for the God of my (her) salvation. My (Her) God will hear me (Faith).

I believe that is where I am right now, I need to watch expectantly, expecting that God wants to and will do great things through me! I will wait (and waiting is hard!) God will and does hear me as I cry out to Him and struggle through the disappointment of being stateside.

Micah 7:8
Do not rejoice over me (Faith), O my enemy. Though I (Faith) fall(s) I (Faith) will rise; Though I (Faith) dwell(s) in darkness, the Lord is a light for me (Faith).

This goes back to what John was telling me about appropriating scripture--even though I've thrown away some of Gods promises, I can pick them back up again--though I fall, I will rise! I am in a period of darkness and a lack of understanding; Christ is my light.

Number two, keep praying and seeking Christ. See what the last thing He told you was, and then ask for the wisdom to carry that out. Sometimes God works in strange ways, but He's working with people (you and me) that do strange things.

Number three, keep on worshiping Him. Sing praise to Him, glorify Christ!

Number four, pray with friends, regularly!

No comments: