Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Let us find our rest in Thee

Come, Thou long-expected Jesus, born to set Thy people free; From our fears and sins release us; Let us find our rest in Thee. Dear Desire of every nation, joy of every longing heart, now Thy gracious Kingdom bring...

I continue to have sleepless nights, filled with bad dreams. These are not nightmares, rather just dreams of terrible things happening to me, none of which I have control of/over. This morning I took great comfort in these words, "born to set Thy people free...let us find our rest in Thee." Are you expecting Jesus to come and set you free; to free you from your fears, release you from your sin, and give you rest in Him? If not, maybe we need to look at our expectations again.

If my people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

No comments: