Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Purpose

From heaven He came and sought her to be His holy Bride; with His own blood he bought her and for her life He died...One holy name she blesses, partakes one holy food, and to one hope she presses with every grace endued.
The Church's One Foundation

Two thoughts come to mind--what beautiful imagery, and I love the unity!

On a different note, Ephesians 2:10 coupled with Isaiah 43:7 gives us our purpose in life--to glorify Godhead! I love how God uses His word both throughout the OT and NT to teach us.

"For we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them."
Ephesians 2:10

"Everyone who is called by My name, And whom I have created for My glory, Whom I have formed even whom I have made."
Isaiah 43:7

No comments: