Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Pray for the Teachers

Finish the sentence.  

Sending my kids off to Kindergarten is…

Crazy
Exciting
Scary
Wonderful
Fearful
Motivating
Freeing

And most importantly one of the many WEANINGS we will experience as Mothers.  Weaning is when we manage without something we have been strongly influenced by or accustomed to.  It is a change.  As Dr. Ed Robb III says, “Change can take our breath away.  Let us remember to learn to wait on God.  Why?  Because God has a plan.”  We wean our children in each and every season of life.  Weaning is an opportunity for us to step out into faith.  

My plea to you. Please pray fervently for your children's teachers. Your children are put above our very own kids, day in and day out.  You are letting go of your children at 5, sometimes 6 YEARS old. We left the children we birthed, when they were 6 WEEKS old, so that we could instead spend the day with YOUR child.  

Sending my kids off at 6 weeks’ old was…
Painful
Fearful
Scary
Heart wrenching

But also a weaning--an opportunity for me to step out in faith and be part of Gods plan.  

'For I am the LORD who brought you up from the land of Egypt to be your God; thus you shall be holy, for I am holy.'"  
Leviticus 11:45

While you went to Meet the Teacher with your Kindergartner, we missed our own childs Meet the Teacher, because we were meeting your child.  By the time we got home, our children were already in bed asleep.  We left for work, before our children were awake. 

While your child enjoys a come and go, and you can spend time with the other Moms, my child is dropped off and picked up by someone else, because I am in the classroom with your children.  

While you hope your children will like their lunch, we hope our children take the bottle. You hope you made enough lunch, we wonder if can we pump enough, and will the school we teach at accommodate us, so that our children are fed too.

While you pack your childs backpack, we pack a diaper bag, hoping we sent the right spare and needed items.  

When my children ask why I wasn’t at XYZ, I have to explain to them, that I was with YOUR children.  

While you say goodbye, I just did too…

The real difference is, I on the other hand have the PLEASURE of saying Hello, every single day, to your children. THANK YOU Moms, for entrusting the care of your babies in my hands!

My plea to you, pray for my family too. We are also weaning, stepping out in faith, so that we too can be a part of Gods plan.  

'Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith!  Your request is granted."’  Matthew 15:28

No comments: