Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tilt test and mailing help

You should be receiving a letter in the mail, very soon, if you have not already, talking about my current endeavors and future hopes and intentions. I am very thankful to my friends, Steven and Amy who helped me place the letters in the envelopes, label the envelopes, and stamp them! If you did not receive an update letter via snail mail, please send me an email with your current mailing address, and I will be sure to send it to you. :) Also, a shout out to Staples, who let me use three coupons, and did everything that was asked, within 24 hours, with no extra charges.

As we continue to search for answers, and a clear diagnosis, I am still undergoing different medical tests. The most recent medical test I had done was a Tilt Table Test (TTT). A TTT is used to evaluate the cause of unexplained fainting (syncope). Shortly after arriving at the cardiologist, I was given an IV, so that during the TTT they could intravenously inject a drug to create further susceptibility to the test. They also wanted to make sure I remained hydrated ICE.

During a TTT, you lie on a table that moves from a horizontal to a vertical position (45 degree angle). Because of the nature of the test, and they are trying to see if/when you pass out, you are loosely "strapped down" from the abdomen to the calf. My heart rate and blood pressure were monitored throughout the TTT. There were three electrodes placed on my chest, and then a computerized blood pressure cuff was placed around my arm--automatically every 2 minutes or 120 seconds my blood pressure was taken. Once again, another test that showed no abnormal findings.

PS--For those of you who are interested...I asked you to pray for my friends (Derek and Claire Plantenga) son, Micah, he is out of the NICU in Bolivia, and is a happy healthy boy! Yay God!


Micah Plantenga :)

No comments: