Monday, May 21, 2007

Prayer!

On Saturday I made a trip out to Whole Earth Provisions to purchase a few items to pack. Since I was there and I saw converters I decided it would not hurt to look and see what was available. Knowing nothing about converters, I just looked, and saw a couple standing nearby me. I asked the husband, "Excuse me, do you know anything about converters." "Yes, I know a little." "Great, tell me everything you know." So we had a conversation about some of the things I would need to purchase to be able to run the laptop.

The couple and I separated in the store, but then we wound up in the same spot again, having yet another brief conversation about where we were going. Once again, we separated. For a third time I was in the presence of this couple, but this time, the wife and I had a little conversation. She asked me where I was going and what I was going to do in Uganda. As soon as I mentioned Rafiki, her face lit up, the words BSF came out of her mouth and she started to praise how wonderful Rafiki is and how excited she is for me. The next words out of this woman's mouth were "I'm praying for you!"

Isn't it cool, when you can be at the store, preparing for a trip, and someone you do not know, says, "I'm praying for you!" Wow!

No comments: