Monday, May 24, 2010

Rejoice and be glad!

For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes.
Romans 1:16

As I was reading my bible this morning, I realized that I experience the power of God through my faith.

The kingdom of God is righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit.
Romans 14:17

This past semester I have been teaching in the book of Mark; primarily, about the kingdom of God. The kingdom of God is here and now--it is righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. I have spent the past semester asking the girls about the kingdom of God and how they live in and through it on a daily basis.

Do not fear, O land, rejoice and be glad, For the Lord has done great things
Joel 2:21
We cannot stop speaking about what we have seen and heard.
Acts 4:20

I am saddened for people that do not know Christ or the power of God, as they also miss out on experiencing the kingdom and the righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. I want to be more like Peter and John, I cannot stop speaking about what I have seen and heard...I love how poignant their faith is in their lives.

1 comment:

Nettie said...

Oh, Faith! How true this is! God is so amazing. Yesterday's sermon was about hope; Romans 5:1-5. I find in my service, that hope is so powerful! I rejoice in its ability to stay true and not fail. When I read your posts, your commitment is so evident! Stay strong in the Lord and be encouraged. I love that your followers has increased. We all need to hear your message. Thank you, sweet friend!