Tuesday, November 03, 2015

Monday, 17 September 2012, 3:45AM:  Um...did I just pee my undies?  That's a lot of liquid.  Um...I don't think my water just broke, I'm not supposed to have a baby until October, and most first time mom's go past 40 weeks.  Plus average is 41 1/7 weeks.

I then walked over to the bathroom, and this liquid kept coming out of me.  Um...COAT...yah what did that stand for?  Color, Odor, ?, ? oh and what was the odor supposed to be like if your water is breaking?  I guess I can just go pee now, I actually have to go potty!  So...I sat on the toilet and emptied my bladder, still half asleep and a little confused.  Walked back to the sink to wash my hands and more water coming out!

I was excited, scared, and confused.  This isn't how it's supposed to happen.  I then stuck a washcloth in my panties to act as a pad, in case I wasn't done leaking, and went to wake up my husband.  Some women leak/trickle, not me, call me Niagra!  I had a lovely gushing fall.  Waking up Roger is not a strength of mine, somehow I manage to scare him, so he freaked out, and all I wanted to do was wake him up and make sure he didn't roll over into the mess of amniotic fluid on the bed.

Both of us were tired, and not totally, 100% sure it was my water that had broke, so he put a towel over the bed, then a garbage bag, another towel, and "went back to bed."  Yah, we didn't sleep, but tried to rest at least!  I texted in sick, even though I knew, I wasn't coming back for a while.

At 9AM, Roger and I went to my OB/GYN.  He took me back, did an exam, and said, "You need to go to the hospital.  I'll call them and let them know you are coming."  Which he did.  We on the other hand, went to Black Walnut and Roger got a few hours of work done, while I researched the situation.  We had wanted a natural childbirth, to go into labor when my body was ready.  My water had broke and I had zero dilation or contractions.

While Roger worked away, I spoke with four or five women, and each of them said the same thing, go to the hospital.  You trust and pay your OB for a reason.  We looked into some methods to induce labor, but since my water had broken, it wasn't so easy.  I am also GBS+, therefore I needed antibiotics, technically when my water broke.

Around noon I called my Mom to let her know that we would be going to the hospital in the next little while, and the baby would be coming later today or tomorrow.  My Mom got things ready and started making her way to The Woodlands.  She also called my Dad to let him know.  Molly and Levi were texted, although, since this was a Monday, they could not come up.  

I never finished this...a few years ago, but I thought I would post what I started...

No comments: